MONICA SMITH AT MDACC 9/14/11

MONICA SMITH AT MDACC 9/14/11
MONICA SMITH AT MDACC 9/14/11

Monday, November 15, 2010

R & R

Joe and I definitely kept a low profile this weekend. We got unbelievable amounts of sleep with sleeping late each day, eat lunch, then an afternoon nap, dinner, watch TV and back to bed. It was kind of good just to exist but then it makes me think too much also. I miss our home, our family, neighbors, friends and our church. I know that everyone is with us in spirit but sometimes you just want to be hugged and cuddled. I suppose that I am a bit melancholy from knowing that we will be away from all that we love for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday since for the last 20 plus years we have rented a home in Hilton Head for the whole week. My boys and their families all come and stay under one roof. It is a true together time where we ride bikes, walk on the beach, play various board games, eat in and dine out, go to the movies, bowl, kayak and of course watch football. It is the "bring together" part that I will miss terribly and pray that Joe and I will find something special to do here in Houston on Thanksgiving Day. We are here to get Joe into remission so that there will be many more family holidays and new travels. The goal is not forgotten.

Tomorrow is a day at MDACC that ends with a consultation with the Mantle Cell Lymphoma expert Dr. Romaguera to discuss where Joe is, where he should be and what is next. We pray that Joe's blood and marrow is going in the right direction. There is no reason not believe that it is not but one always has doubts. The Lord has been carrying us through the daily battles and worries.

Joe and I have truly become closer than we ever been before. We have kept our vows that state  "sickness and in health." I love the guy and he loves me. We stand by each other and know what is going in each of our minds. We are in sync. We will continue to walk this crooked trail and hope that the path will start to get straighter.

Hug a loved one!

Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. Still thinking of you both, from the other side of the world. Jilly :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising the Lord for the testimony of your marriage; this is just what our world needs. Just prayed for an amazing blessing from Jesus as you celebrate Thanksgiving. And, of course, praying for Joe's healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for improving blood counts and positive results soon.
    Larry

    ReplyDelete