MONICA SMITH AT MDACC 9/14/11

MONICA SMITH AT MDACC 9/14/11
MONICA SMITH AT MDACC 9/14/11

Thursday, October 7, 2010

More News for today 10/7/2020 MANTLE CELL LYMPHOMA

More butterflies in my stomach right now since I heard from one of Joe's Leukemia doctors at MDACC just a moment ago. I am not sure what it means but please pray  as I research this evening. I am scared. Joe does not know yet. I need to get my emotions in check. Here is what he wrote since I sent an e-mail last night for an interpretation of the Lymphoma Panel. I am grateful that the doctor responded so I have time to research it. God bless. Here is what he said.

"Mr Evans' investigations are consistent with a Mantle Cell Lymphoma variant of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). These 2  conditions are closely related so the diagnosis is not always clear cut.  This result is of some relevance as it helps us guide the treatment.

We recommend a treatment called FCM-R containing three chemotherapy drugs called fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and mitoxantrone and an antibody called rituximab.  This treatment has been very effective for both CLL and mantle cell lymphoma. We do expect that you will have some decrease in your counts initially and we will have to monitor this carefully. There is another commonly used treatment called HyperCVAD, however, we feel that this latter treatment may not be tolerated as well as the FCM-R. The treatment will take 3-4 days every month for 3 to 6 cycles depending on response.

We will discuss all the details during your appointment.

Please let me know if you have further questions."




Ciao,
Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie you and Joe are in my prayers. It never ceases to amaze me how much technology has connected thousands of people who may have never met otherwise. Physicians, support from family, and the internetothers are indeed blessings, yes? Hopefully the interpretation of Joe's lymphoma panel will be a postive one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you got a "blow to the stomach" reading this but it actually sounds pretty positive to me with this treatment being very effective. Continuing to pray for wisdom as to what path the Lord wants you two to take.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be thinking of you this week. I thought Joe looked great and so did you. Both of you think positive thoughts about the treatment and know we're praying for the best outcome and medical care, love you both.

    ReplyDelete